Saturday, August 25, 2012

Recycled super soft Angora into new born beanie


Well, today was sunny and spring is definitely on the way. In autumn I bought a 100% angora (rabbit) jersey. Unpicked it, washed it and reballed it. (if you click on those words you will see it was not such an easy job). Then I knitted a new born to 3 month old hat. It has been sitting in my knitting bag ever since. Not sewn up and no tassel. Finally last night I pulled it out and finished it. Why is it that when winter is on the way out that I get around to all the winter jobs?

This is a pattern that I developed years ago from an idea of the sleeve of a jersey I made (it had the ribbed look). In the last few years I can see that lots of commercial patterns are using this kind of ribbing too. Just when you think you are original!!

Anyway I now have bundles of wool, knitting needles and patterns all kitted up with this supersoft angora.
I will be listing it in my shop soon, I just want Alex to model it for me first.

Today I have been busy reclaiming more of the garden for my vege patch. Looking good but would like it to happen faster!!

8 comments:

  1. Why didn't you knit in the round and then there is no sewing. Looks lovely and cosy. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm - when doing my pattern i did not think of it?!*

      Delete
  2. I'm in awe of your knitting prowess and the effort you went to has definately paid off with the adorable Baby Beanie.

    Loving your vege garden - mines been sadly neglected over winter however we're still managing the odd bit of lettuce and spinach, it'll be time for a REjuvenate very soon as the weather here starts to warm up.

    Thnaks for joining JaM this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet beanie, and the original pattern of it is great. Clever you.
    Interesting way of doing your veg garden. Like it a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, Am popping over to your blogs - busy you having more than 1. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  4. Love the sweet beanie. Still far too cold here to think about the vegie garden, more frosts and fogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting Jackie. Love your blog and the recent post on favourite holiday stuff. I could do the NZ vs Aussie rivalry and say off course we are warmer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful hat. Really impressive and equally as adorable. And, what a lovely spot for a vegetable garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....