|The merino jersey before.|
|The finished product|
Yes I am still in the recycling / upcycling mood. This merino hoodie was long in the making! The adage of measure twice and cut once was not adhered to. So a lot of unpicking and making do. It started as two ladies merinos. The light blue one was all stained down the front so only good for bits. The black one was a size 14!!! It was long enough in the body and arms but it would have to be a pretty skinny 14 as I did not need to adjust the width at all. I just chopped a bit off the bottom.
I measured the arms etc and thought they looked short - cut anyway and yes way too short. Thankfully I was doing new cuffs so that he could have the semi-glove look at the end of the sleeve, I just had to make that add on a bit longer than intended. The pocket was sewn and unpicked as I put it too high up the body, so had to take it down to a reasonable level. When cutting the polo neck off I mistakenly cut the shoulder seam too with the overlocker, so that had to be fixed. The hood was right the first time.
All that is needed is some domes on the placket.
Jakob loved being the model and has been pestering me for ages for one as he picked the colours in autumn, now we are only 2 weeks from spring (not that you would guess it from the weather we have been having).
Eli's one last year - here- only took me 1 1/2 hours. This took me two nights with a gap of three in-between as I got frustrated with the mistakes.