|The big quilt and the cushion cover|
|The shirts before cutting.|
Then I started the remodel of Jakob's room and realised that the colours would fit perfectly. Then the pattern decision. Well I have seen a few cross patterns out on the internet, all made from squares, and thought that would do. Of course I did not do what everyone else has done and that is to have squares so that each cross takes 5 squares to do. I just cut big strips and then cut some into squares and some into longer rectangles that are the equivalent to 3 squares. Why have more seams than you need? I cut heaps out and just used my eye to guess how much I needed. I was worried that I would have enough fabric but I actually have way too much.
Then it was just a matter of laying it all on the floor and sewing it. The laying and sewing only took me about 31/2 hours. I started at 9pm and finished at about 12.15pm. But was so awake that I then started cutting smaller strips for a matching pillow!
So what you see is just the patchwork top cut in 6.5inch strips and the matching cushion cover which was cut in 2 1/2 inch strips. (And I have way too much fabric left over!!!).
|Jakob's remodeled room|
Once I get around to sandwiching it then I am going to practice quilting by doing each cross in individual patterns. (that is the plan at the moment anyway).
And doesn't it match the colours in Jakob's room!!! I am thrilled with it, especially as it really looks more boy like.
Linking up here.