Friday, August 3, 2012

A finished quilt

Yes in the weekend I managed to finally get a quilt sandwiched together, quilted and bound. The pattern is one from Cluck Cluck Sew -I have made a tutorial how I assembled the blocks that made it more straightforward and a lot quicker for me.

I made this quilt out of the leftovers from a quilt I made for our bed - here. This quilt will be for the charity that I support - Hope Homes - an amazing orphanage in Kenya.

I was using this as a trial for quilting as I am a bit daunted over quilting the queen size one for our bed. I was going to be really fancy with flowers etc in each block, but stipple quilting is fast and opening the stipple up and making it really big worked for me on this. I am really pleased with the result. Next job - do our big one.


  1. That is beautiful Karen. Love Dian.

  2. Very nice, you did a great job and I love that pattern!


Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

Woo hoo - A Tramp

Last weekend we had no boys and I have been feeling better so off we went on a tramp. It was amazing!! I cannot describe how being out i...