It started with two shirts at a total cost of $2.50. The stripe being 100% linen man's XL and the white top being cotton/elastic woman's M.
I chopped off the sleeves and took off pockets and the gorgeous labels.
Unpicked the pockets and cut some more pockets from the sleeves.
Then I sewed new pockets onto the old back of the shirt and added back the details from the labels.
Used the white T-Shirt by cutting it just under the arms, doubling it over and stretching it to the top of the new skirt. It makes a lovely big easy to wear waistband.
Voila a new skirt
This is the fit on me (with my T-Shirt up a bit to show the waistband etc.
I finished this at 10pm last night and went to show Aaron. He then commented that it was not "quite right" and did not suit me. I had used a linen skirt with this type of waistband as the pattern but was a bit worried about it being to tight on me.
So I went back to the mirror and I have to say - He is right - (he asked if I would confess on my blog). This skirt is OK. I can muck around in it at home etc but it is not flattering like the other skirt is. Tow reasons I think - 1. It is a stripe and the other is plain and I mainly wear plain - so something we are not used to 2. I have been trying to loose weight and am so far at 9kg loss BUT I still find myself looking at clothes thinking I am too big to fit the. This would have been a perfect fit if I was my 9kg heavier. So I might wear it for a while and then pass it on. But I will keep experimenting!!!