Sunday, February 9, 2014

Scrappy triangles are now all used.

Yes I made another cushion / pillow cover. I have been trying to change layouts and try different things. It is only by trying that you see what works. This is 22 inches square and I have decided to use it on the European pillows we have on our beds. They are feather and old and getting a bit saggy and the thicker quilted cover has made the pillow look new again. I made it slightly smaller than the feather inner in an aim to plump the cushion up again.
patchwork scraps

scrappy trianglesWhen I first patched the triangles with the borders in-between I did not like it at all - somehow the triangles got lost. I still think I would have preferred it if the material was black with white dots but I had run out and I am trying to only use my stash. But once the quilting in black thread went on the triangle look came back. Not the best job and not my favourite but it is a finish!!! I still have sitting in my quilting stuff some of the remainder triangles which I had sewn for another cushion may unpick and use on my new project. That is the end of this stash of triangles!!! yay.





As it is going to be used on the bed I just made a basic envelope opening for the back of the cover.  

I will be linking to several parties - their buttons are over here.

February Finishes

8 comments:

  1. Love them Karen, what a difference it makes to see those cushions both with and without borders, great work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look great Karen - well done you for finishing them up! they look great as a set being the same but different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing! I really like the white bordered one. I think it makes the colours really pop, and it gives it an on trend, modern edge. But that's just my opinion. :)
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheree, everyone else has said they prefer no border so good to get another opinion

      Delete
  4. I think they look fantastic either way! It's nice to have an interesting variation in a grouping, anyway. Fun project!
    Carole, from Fresh off the Frame

    ReplyDelete
  5. stopping by from the Linky party Stitch in Time, gorgeous pillow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I just really love these pillows, well done, what a great coordination of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those triangles! That is such a cute pillow! And way to use your stash! I love it when I don't have to go buy anything and end up with an awesome project. Congrats on a great finish and thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....