Tuesday, February 4, 2014

No matter what you call it - it's scrumptious

Chocolate Fondant
 
Chocolate Pots, Chocolate Volcano, Chocolate fondants... no matter the name it is a delicious dessert. Until this weekend I had always made Rachel Khoo from the Little Paris Kitchen recipe. Hers had a caramel in the middle. But on the weekend our friends made Nigella Lawson's recipe. This is simple and straightforward. I do have to admit that I have made it a bit more simple and straightforward than she has it. BUT... Made in 5 minutes and cooked in 10. Lip smackingly good.

Nigella Chocolate Pots - Karen's Method
4 1/2 oz bittersweet choc (I used 70% cocoa solid)
4 oz butter
3 large eggs ( I used 4 as I only just now realised I read the recipe wrong)
3/4 Cup white sugar
1/4 Cup normal flour

Nigella says this makes four but it is very rich and my friends made it go around 8 - I made it today as 5, only because I had 5 dishes.

Turn oven on to get it up to heat - this is important - 400oF, 200oC (I used my fan function)

Prepare your ramekins 4-6 , by buttering and flouring them so the mixture does not stick.

In a microwave bowl put the chocolate and butter. Microwave on 60% power for 1.5 minutes until melted.
Out of the oven looking like this
In another bowl whisk together eggs, sugar and flour until just blended (again I did not read that and gave it a good beat). Gradually add the chocolate mixture to the eggs - I did it in two lots.

Pour into the greased ramekins and put on a tray and place in the oven for 10-13 minutes. It is ready when the tops are firm and cracking slightly around the edges.

Turn onto individual dishes and serve with runny cream. Eat while warm, do not delay!!!

I link to these places.

4 comments:

  1. Lately I have been seeing so many lava cake recipes in the blogland, that it seems its a sign for me, to finally make these. Your cakes look absolutely delicious and pretty easy to make. Can't wait to try it.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier at my blog.

    -Priyam @ http://priyam-simplejoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this looks yummy - not like I really need another chocolate recipe to try ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummylicious and so easy to make! Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....