Monday, February 10, 2014

Is it a new project or finishing an old one?

Hmm I can't decide. I am trying to use all my bags of stuff that have been organised into projects. Now I have three shelves of unfinished or planned projects and yet I also have tons in my head ready to start. This is a bag of orphan block - the photo is not good sorry.
sorting all the blocks on my bed
 Every-time I make a project and have bits left over I put them in this bag. I can see my taste change just through this bag. Last night I decided it was time to get rid of this bag. The main block of green half square triangles (hst) I made about 12 years ago. The square blocks were a quilt I started but from all my scraps about 10 years, but no progress was made and I decided to put them in the orphan block pile. Then lately my scraps have been a lot brighter and more white based from slightly more modern quilting.

quilt for charity
looking coordinated now but maybe not later!!
So last night I sewed some of the blocks together and now it looks all coordinated - that is the end of the blocks from 12-9 years ago. Now I have modern bits and bobs to put around it. I think the quilt could end up looking quite confused but at least it will be another quilt for the charity I support - Hope Homes International.

So do I classify this as finishing something or starting something? As you can see, I am good at starting and not so good at finishing.

I link to these places and especially WIP Wednesday and Anne at Domesblissity.

6 comments:

  1. Looking good so far! Will be great to see how it turns out when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I think it will look fantastic, and all for a good cause too.... it's a win-win, you use your scraps/orphan blocks, and a great charity receive a lovely quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done great salvaging a UFO. The green looks modern enough with the other blocks around it. Really well done, very creative thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green reminds me of Minecraft games, ask the boys what they think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking good. I like the way you're fitting the different sized blocks around the green. It's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. The little 4 patches are darling. I'm calling this a new project. You are very brave to venture into the orphan block neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....