Friday, February 21, 2014

Oh the deliciousness...

Drop one in your mouth and the explosion of flavour makes you immediately want another.
recipe
I decided to use my big pick of tomatoes in an experiment. I made semi dried tomatoes and they are to die for. Before I could put them in the container Aaron and I had munched our way through a tray full. But that's OK as it is healthy.

How to: Cut piles of tomatoes in half and put them in a tray cut side up (where the juice cannot flow over). grind on black pepper, be really generous with fresh thyme from the garden, grind on salt to taste and sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar per tray.

Put in a normal (preferably not fan) oven at 180 deg C for an hour and half. Turn down to 120 deg C and leave in the oven 3 hours. Turn the oven off and allow to cool inside. Pop into a container and keep in the fridge. These will only keep for about two weeks.

Eat at room temperature. Ooooh yum. Put into a salad roll, eat by themselves with a pre dinner drink. They are so moorish that it is hard to stop eating them.

I made this recipe after looking at HEAPS of different recipes. I did not peel the skin off the tomatoes as that is too much work and low ovens for 8 hours or overnight just drive me mad.

I link to these places

7 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I am the only one in my family who likes tomatoes, but that's Ok, more for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tomatoes in any way, shape or form and yours are certainly worth loving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my these look delicious....I am going to keep this idea tucked away fro when our next crop of tomatoes come in. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these look amazing! Why must you tempt me when hot house tomatoes are so expensive? Darn you backwards summer people! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that is exactly how I feel when we are in winter and everyone over your way is talking up the strawberry patch!!!

      Delete
  5. Yum! These look so wonderful! Thank you for telling how you made them. When the price of tomatoes goes down a bit I am going to try this. I like the fact that they are only partially dried out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If my tomatoes ever ripen I think I'll try this! Thanks for visiting my blog, you're a no-reply blogger so I couldn't reply to your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....