Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A retro style fascinator

Last night I got out all the bits and pieces in an attempt to make a fascinator to match the dress I made for the wedding. Now this is all a bit of procrastination for in-spite of the fact that I do need it, I also need to make some adjustments to the dress. The straight colour blocking of it just seems a bit too harsh.
I started with the basic pink rose that I had pulled of the pink hat I am wearing for the wedding outfit. Then I added a frill of the material from the skirt. Then I consulted with Aaron, who decreed that as it was a wedding - I should go a bit more over the top. 
So I added some hat netting (well I have no idea of the correct name). Then I had seen a technique in the Molly Makes magazine, where she punched felt using a hole punch and put the dots around the bottom. So I got stuck in (almost literally if you are using hot glue guns!!). 


So I now have this to go with
This...











I was determined to make one that had better proportions than the first one I made. I am much happier with this one.

So an alteration to the dress, some mats to make for under the flowers on the tables and off to the wedding I go.

I link to these places

3 comments:

  1. Look at you go! Looks perfect for the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cool!! It matches your wonderful dress perfectly! I can't wait to see the final dress after alterations have been made!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A super interesting weekend.

Well we went out to our friends and ended up having the privilege of butchering our own lamb and getting it into the cuts we would use a...