Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A dedicated follower of fashion

Well not really. But last winter and through our summer all the crafty bloggers seem to be making cowls instead of scarves. A good idea I thought. Last night I finished it and just in time for this foul weather today. I wore it to my stitching group this morning and it looks like the trend may be passing on!!!

This is made from the recycled angora (goat) wool that I posted about unpicking etc here. I only started this when we were camping at Molesworth Station three weeks ago. I looked in my knitting stitching book and found a stitch they called twisted fisherman's. It is soooooo easy. It is just knit stitch but every second row you knit into the current stitch and the one below. So fantastic for watching TV and knitting.
Me wearing it as a hood and scarf at stitching this morning.
Aaron and Eli love this too so I have started knitting Aaron a scarf using the same stitch and the same wool. What an awesome upcycling project. One jersey and this is the fourth knitted item from it and I still have more wool.
A close up of the twisted fisherman's knit
I link to these places.
and March Finishes

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks fabulous, your finish posting caught my eye when you mentioned you recycled the angora wool. I post about reuse in my crazy quilts, drop over if you'd like to see what I'm up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks beautiful, well done on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cowl. Looks really fashionable, and cosy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cowl looks chic and warm, what could be better! I really like the knitted surface. It does not look easy! But great if it is. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cowl and great recycling! I found your blog via Sew Many Ways. Maggie xx
    http://prettyflowersinthewindow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so beautiful! I love reading about your upcycling projects! That wool is such a pretty color and your cowl is super cute on you! Congrats on a really fun finish and thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beauty found in upcycling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....