Friday, August 2, 2013

Trying to challenge myself

While away on my quilting retreat last weekend at Living Springs, I had these quilt to finish off quilting and binding.

Because they are all charity quilts I do want to do them quickly, so I end up in a rut and either stitching in the ditch or resorting to my standby of stipple.

By the time I got to the third quilt I decided to try something new. A random flower that had been very well explained in a blog I follow. I have been trying to find it - I thought it was at Cluck Cluck Sew but can't locate the blog post. (if you know it please let me know so that I can link back).

Anyway I decided to do that on what was otherwise a plain strip quilt. It did not take too long for the quilt pattern to be looking consistent, so I completed some single flowers and some doubles.

Yay now that is three more quilts completely finished.

I link to these places

flower pattern
double flower

Single flower


  1. Lovely to have you stop by my blog. :)
    I like your flower quilting, both the single and double flowers. You must have been very pleased with these too.

  2. Very nice job with the quilting. I use every quilt I make to practice my quilting - like you discovered, it doesn't take long to see some consistency!

  3. Great job with the quilting
    I haven't mastered quilting myself yet
    And yeah for quilts for charity

  4. The flowers are sweet, that's pretty quilting thread you're using too. You're way ahead of me, I haven't even mastered a stipple yet!

  5. Oh how lovely! yay for finishing them and mixing it up :)

  6. I love it! I am now learning how to quilt and this seems challenging but doable for a beginner. I think I may try it.Thanks for sharing.


Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A super interesting weekend.

Well we went out to our friends and ended up having the privilege of butchering our own lamb and getting it into the cuts we would use a...