Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pracrastination - 1 1/2 years...... time to fix 3 minutes!

Can you believe it. I have been trying to finish jobs. Not only crafty ones but around the house, outside, in the garden etc. I never used to be a procrastinator but now I am. (some of that is I would rather spend the time with Aaron or the boys or doing crafting).

So today I stopped procrastinating on three things;
Procrastination - at least 1.5 years, frustration - HUGE, fix 3 minutes
Oh my goodness, this is the wheel to my laundry basket. Every time I have used the laundry basket, for at least the last 1.5 years but possibly more, I have had to reattach the bolt the holds the frame together before I could use it. Then yesterday the wheel fell off too. So today I fixed them both. Think of all that time wasted putting the bolt in every time.

Procrastination 6 months, fix 10 minutes
This is the wiring for the wisteria. I have two white wisteria climbing up the deck roof. In Autumn I put in the screws and wired up the other side of the roof for that wisteria but ran out of hooks. I did buy more pretty soon but NEVER finished the job. A small job and no problem, but I had to get things from the garage to do it and I was just too plain lazy!!

Procrastination 4 months, fix 1 minute, Frustration - daily
My father made me this very comfortable kneeler to use when gardening. I love it as our paths around the garden are river stones and this is soooooo comfortable. The handle came off. I put it on the deck, two months later I put it in the garage. Only now have I found longer screws and put them in - guess what? I also did it to the other handle as it was looking wobbly and another 4 month procrastination is just not right!!!


5 comments:

  1. thank you for visiting my blog! I too have become quite the procrastinator - I'd rather be quilting! Good for you for actually saying enough and fixing these things. Isn't it amazing what we will put up with?
    You're a no response blogger, so I hope you don't mind my answering your questions here? I don't use a stencil with my quilting, completely free motion. No tutorial on this one - a swirl centre and then feather plumes surrounding it. Hope you give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for that instruction. i know that I am no reply - a long story. Maybe I will put a wee comment on my profile so people know. Cheers

      Delete
  2. One wonders why we do it to ourselves! go you - what a satisfying list of things to tick off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our busy lives force us to be procrastinators ... well, that's my excuse, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....