Skip to main content

Am I crazy??

Removed the rotten edging from this bed
Why is it that I always do massive garden reconstructions in the worst weather? It is almost that I have bad weather and realise that it would be sensible to stay indoors but that means I am just itching to get outside.

Today I was going to get on with all my quilt and UFO organisation. BUT instead I have had the sledgehammer out and pulled one garden bed to bits and am redoing the glasshouse.

A month ago Aaron told me that he would like to see the rather ramshackle garden beds looking a bit better. I have a wee pile of bricks so am going to make a brick bed. But sigh, he will not let me take over any more lawn so I have pulled apart a bed that was falling to bits.  I think he is a brave man telling me to brick. Goodness knows how that will turn out!!!!!

Cleared out the glasshouse
So today I pulled the bed to bits - I will put the chickens in it over the next couple of weeks. I used some of the edging that had not rotted and some edging from another bed Aaron has been demolishing and directed it to the glasshouse.

I am trying to make more of a walkway that will not have all the dirt slide onto it over the summer and it will also allow me to build up the beds.

All of this on a day that there are severe rain warnings out and I swear I thought it would snow!!!

I link to these places


Cleared out these beds, planted spring onion and garlic
Follow on Bloglovin

My rather solid new edging to my glasshouse path

Comments

  1. Sometimes it's nice working outside in bad weather; at least you don't get overheated! And sometimes the weather is just plain energizing. At least that's what I've found . . . Nice work, by the way. Looking forward to seeing the finished bricking. ~ Linne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a while before I get around to doing the bring work Linne :)

      Delete
  2. I often think that about myself aswell.....Mikes got a pic of me planting out flax along our boundaries, being soaked to the bone in the torrential rain and howling wind BUT with a huge smile on my face....and today we're planting amidst the downpours thats why I'm here catching up on some favourite blogs :)) Enjoy more crazy gardening escapades!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.