Monday, December 19, 2016

Chair upcycle with Chalk Paint and oilcloth.

Annie Sloan
All painted and finished
Before - tired after years of use
Last weekend while Aaron was in Australia I took the opportunity to attend an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint workshop at one of my favourite stores, Femme de Brocante.


The three hours was a great creative retreat. We looked at all the paint colours and talked about mixing etc. Plus we experimented with different finishes on a pre prepared board that we got to take home as a reminder. Plus we received the new Annie Sloan book. I thought I was just getting some painting and waxing know how. Great value for money.

oil cloth
I attended the course because there are several items I wish to revamp at home and I wanted to make sure I did it well. While I was in the store I found some lightweight oil cloth with maps on it. They are not accurate but look effective. Our study area is going to have topographical maps on the wall as wallpaper and I thought this would be a great way to do up a tired chair. 
Very tired chair
Chair and seat all done.

The chair that I decided to tackle first is actually one I upcycled years ago. Using an old velvet curtain to cover the seat. So I recovered the seat with oil cloth and then used chalk paint that is half old white and half provence mixed to make a softer blue to match the seat cover. Super thrilled with my first effort.

Linking to these places and Crazy Mum Quilts

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful job with both the paint and the cushion redo. You seem to have a talent for this, which is extra nice since you have more items to update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The map fabric was a great find, Karen. A fabulous upcycle. Featured today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! best outdoor recliner

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've completed in excellent work. t suggest to my frtends ind personilly wtll certitnly dtgtt. t'm conftdent they'll be gitned from thts webstte. Aegean College

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....