Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Making pillowcases

This could also be labelled - A bit of upcycling. I was at the Op Shop (charity or thrift shop for those overseas) and found two high quality, but marked, white cotton sheets for $2 each.  The sheets were cut up around the marks and now two high quality pillowcases for his new pillow are wrapped and under the tree.
For Christmas I have bough Eli a super sized pillow. The photo shows the difference. But could not find pillowcases anywhere at a price I am prepared to pay. With the leftover I made a triangle pillowcase for my pillow on my bed. 
This photo is it just being cut out. After making the first one I remembered how easy pillowcases are. So I may use the other sheet and update our tired and old pillowcases.

Linking to these places and Crazy Mum Quilts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....