Skip to main content

A one hour craft project

heart shape pot holder
Well it was meant to be a one hour project but it took me three days! These are heart shaped pot holders for a birthday present for a very dear friend who is turning 70. One of her favourite flowers is pansy. In my current recovery state only a little bit could be done every day. And even then I once forgot to mirror the heart shape so had to make another side.
I used the template from "A spoonful  of Sugar" blog. I did not read the instructions or the how to as I had decided to do the top piece using the quilt as you go technique.



finished product, bit of a struggle getting the lighting right.


















The underneath I used some wool, then heat reflective fabric left over from making an ironing board, then batting and then lining. I do not want her hands to get burnt. Tip of the day - make sure the heat reflecting fabric faces towards the outside of the finished pot holder.

Linking to these places and crazy mum quilts

Comments

  1. Wow, you're amazing Karen. Even in recovery you still think of others. Kia Kaha Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift.....pretty and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make these, too. I think I like your design better - these came out really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.