Skip to main content

Scrap quilt for charity.

charity quilt
 In October I finished this scrap quilt top for the Orphanage that we support - Hope Homes International. I am calling it "red line". Most of the materials are donated bits and pieces from people who I quilt with on a retreat once a year.
The red material was cut to 1 inch strips and I nearly threw it out. But then sometimes scrap quilts need some sort of item making it cohesive and I decided that would work. Now I need to sandwich, quilt and bind it. But really happy with the outcome.
Linking to these places and crazy mum quilts

Comments

  1. happy Quilting....shame we live so far apart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. You have been so generous in your offers. But I know you will do all you can but a bit closer to home

      Delete
  2. Awesome!!! So many colorful scraps but all looks so good together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the red strips you threw in there! You're absolutely right - they just bring all that crazy scrappy goodness together! Very nice quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful scrappy quilt you have created!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from crazy mum quilts. What a fabulous quilt! I love scrap...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.