So yet again I started a new project. I wanted something small that I could actually finish!! As that
has not been my forte at all lately.
In my new house my sewing space is still incredibly disorganised. I have made a cutting table, of which I am very proud, that has been a life changer with being able to just do a bit of sewing anytime I want. This photo shows the messy corner. The shoe box is my rubbish bin and it needed to go!! The pile on the left is three unfinished items.
I took out my scrap bag that is strips only
Sorted the colours and materials I wanted
I then found a left over piece of batting and some fusible reinforcing and commenced sewing the strips on.
Once it was all sewn I decided that even though I had completed it as quilt-as-you-go, it just did not have a good visual effect.
So I completed half inch spaced quilting.
I then sewed it all together and it was way way too big. I nearly parked it to be another unfinished project. But as I read Anna's post at Noodlehead (about picking up abandoned projects that were not quite right) I decided to fix it. I am thrilled with the finish and have a gorgeous rubbish bin in my sewing space.
Not a bad start to the New Year.