Friday, December 4, 2015

Family Food Friday - Labneh

Well my family food tip is this - make the most of the reduced price items as you can. Our supermarket puts most of them in one area for meat and another area for dairy products. I buy them all the time after checking the date. If it has a day to go I can freeze it or like yogurt, turn it into something gorgeous. Often for half the price.
 

Labneh is just a strained yoghurt. But it goes super thick and creamy and don't forget to keep the whey as it makes the most amazing pikelets or pancakes. Then I use it with fresh strawberries for breakfast as my protein. Or on souvlaki when making wraps and the list goes on. What I like about this is it saves money and gives variety.

Linking the these places

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....