Monday, March 18, 2019

Working in the garden


This weekend I got quite a lot completed in the garden. Items I have procrastinated about for a long time. I am a doer and action person. So when tragedy hit our region in the form of a massacre one of the ways I deal with things is to keep active. The garden was the beneficiary.
I did not think of taking before photos until I was part way through. But I had cleaned up all this area and already installed the first sleeper you see on the left. Where the spade and bucked are is still a higher area due to having been the dumping ground for stuff from our other garden changes. The sleepers have been sitting there since January when I purchased them knowing what I wanted to do.
This is the finished area. I just couldn't handle having the ground at a different height, so as well as squaring the garden beds off I dug out the lawn and flattened it all. 

The piece on the right will be completed after I purchase more sleepers. Then there will only be one area left to complete (the side of the house). I'm really pleased as it now looks like a purposeful area outside. 
I also composted this garden and put in some more brassica's (tiny little bits of green down the left side). The ones I planted last month are now a good size. One of the four beds all tucked up for winter! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....