Skip to main content

Refashion - linen top for me

I have been stashing this long sleeved 100% linen shirt for ages intending to make a summer top. I had wanted a wee capped sleeve but the armholes on these shirts are huge. When sewing under the arms it was still too big for a sleeve and I even had to put a little facing in to make it decent.
The linen shirt I started with
So I took the main collar off as it was really large and on a summer day when the back of my neck is sunburnt I like my collar to stand up. Using some cute patchwork material I made a much smaller version.
upcycled, recycled, refashioned
The side view - with a high low bottom







Fixed the arm holes and took the arms off altogether. One arm ended up being the binding for the armholes. I was going to use my quilting material but could not bring myself to cut through my metre of fabric to make a bias strip!! So I did a square cut and put it around the bottom, after I had changed the shirt tails to a high / low look. A bit of a cheat really.

I link to these places.

Comments

  1. You are such a whiz at these things! Looks like a lovely summer shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The contrasting fabric works well, Karen. A great refashion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.