Wednesday, August 20, 2014

It's not just me!!

refashion business shirts
When I was away on my yearly quilting retreat I sat by Colleen. Now that it not unusual in itself but it was really funny that we were in the same seating this year and we were the only two people using recycled fabric. I wished I had a photo of what Colleen made. She had all her husbands old business shirts that had worn through at the collar and cuffs and had cut them into rectangles and made it into the most gorgeous summer beachy look quilt. 
Colleen and I upcycling a storm
I was also using business shirts big time. My nightie had ripped as the back was just so worn. But the bottom material was still really good (it also had been a refashion). So I still needed a nightie as I was short. Add one blue and white pinstripped business shirt and voila, a new nightie. All the binding ws made by me too. The blue binding at the bust and sleeve was another cotton shirt and the neck binding was a stripe business shirt.

So for those who know the band "Flight of the Concords", due to the material this nightie is made from I have named it "business time"!
I link to these places

5 comments:

  1. Nice to sew with a kindred spirit! And great to have your nightie living to see another day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hey the nightie lives again! Great to have a friend close by when stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha it's a gorgeous nighty!! Business time or not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to sew with a like minded person. A great way to extend the life of your nightie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....