A long time ago I started embroidering squares with my boys memory verses from school, thinking it would make a great quilt.
I then patched it all together with scraps that were given to me or left over from other things. This was August 2015 by now and then I parked it. Too difficult to quilt, so I put it in my pile of things to finish.
This is where being adventurous begins. Normally when quilting I just do an all over pattern, as fast as possible to get it done.
But this time I decided to try new patterns as I really need to get better at quilting than just using it to keep all the bits together. So I used a Koru style pattern around the embroidery. A clamshell pattern in each of the teal flying geese, no matter the size. So some of the quilting is tiny!!
Then I got stuck. The borders where there is no patchwork I tried a more flowing style of quilting. Not as good as I have seen others do but I know that practise makes perfect and it fits really well with the fabric choice.
Then I resorted to a general stipple on the rest. So this is quite heavily quilted.
As usual Morris managed to photo bomb. I have no idea what I am going to do with the quilt. It is a single bed throw size. So trimming and binding to do. But then it is not relevant to give to the orphans as it relates to our school. I thought one of my two boys would jump at it as they are both quite sentimental. But no.
Anyway, pleased to have pulled this out and finished the quilting.