Monday, August 27, 2018

Bow tie making

Aaron and I are booked to attend Post Modern Jukebox again this year. Last year lots of people whent dressed according to theme and whilst I made a bit of an attempt Aaron did not. This year he wants to go looking the part. He purchased the shirt, trousers and neon pink braces and asked me to make a bow tie to go with it.
We had a vast selection of materials out of my patchwork material stash and Aaron chose this batik. I 
used a pattern I had made boys waistcoats and bow ties from, for my sisters wedding. In the pattern the bows were the same size but I was never happy with that look. So the back bow is about 4mm larger all around than the front. With a good interfacing it sits well. I pulled apart a bow tie from the Charity shop and used it's bits and pieces for the back neck slide. 
Really pleased with the result.
 Here he is rocking the outfit at a charity dinner we went to recently.





1 comment:

  1. It's fun getting dressed up. Great going making the bow tie with fabrics you already had. Clever idea to use bits and pieces for the back neck slide from a thrifted bow tie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....