Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Recycling- upcycling Merino Jersey


Well I have been doing my upcycling again. Two old Merino Jersey's from the Op Shop. Eli will not wear knitted wool as it is "too scratchy". So as Merino is soft I tried that - with what I think is great success. Eli wears it and thinks it is cool - certainly a good result. He loves the longer sleeves with the holes for his thumbs and it came in handy in the snow recently. I think this is what I am going to have to do for the next few years to get him to wear wool. I do not believe polar fleece to be as good as wool. So this cost $9.00 for the two ladies jerseys and about 2 hours of my time. Normally I just whip them up on the overlocker but I went all out and stitched as well as overlocked and finished it all correctly. Not bad hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....