Friday, October 14, 2016

A bag for travelling


When I was at my craft retreat Jane was making the most amazing posh, exotic bag for her to stow her dirty laundry when she travels. What a great idea, I am always trying to stash my dirty things on one side of the bag and then try to remember when unpacking. So I set to and made one myself. It is large - good for 4+ days away. I just used things I had with me at the time. Some sewing fabric, left over bits of batting, a zip that was in the bottom of a box. Stipple quilted all over. Thrilled to bits.


My sister was doing high tea for her older son who lives away from home, so the Eli and I gate crashed that. It was super yummy. She has been a star, cleaning my house while I have been recuperating, it takes a load of my mind.

Eli got inspired and came home and made some delicious chocolate chippie cookies. Using all the bits of chocolate left around at the ends of packets. Yum.

Linking to these places and crazy mum quilts

3 comments:

  1. It's a very nice laundry bag for travelling! You found a nice scrap to use, too. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been away from reading blogs so I did not find out about your operation until today! I wish you a continued speedy recovery. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I have had a bit of time to read blogs but not do much. Always love your blog for inspiration.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....