Friday, June 10, 2016

My latest upcycle

I am thrilled with this upcycle but when I went to show it to Aaron....hmm...how many ways can a husband be polite when he just isn't riveted? How can you not be excited by an amazing travelling ironing board?
revamp an ironing board

I found the small board at our local dump shop and paid a huge sum of $2. I need a board for my yearly quilt retreat. I added two layers of wool batting as it was sitting on metal mesh. Then I raided my canvas fabrics. Drafted a pattern sewed and Ta Da! I love it. The fantastic thing about it is that the legs fold away and it has a hanger. So when not in use you just hang it in the cupboard.


Looking forward to being fully equipped on my next travels.

Linking to these places.  and Crazy Mum Quilts

4 comments:

  1. Your ironing board looks great, I have a similar one from Ikea. Being able to hang it out of the way is so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great find and a fantastic re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little boards are so handy when travelling you did a nice job recycling

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hanger is genius! Wish I could find one of those.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....