Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A bit of yummy bread making

I had a little bit of time to think about cooking as we came home from holiday early at Christmas. So I pulled out my bread book. First I made Ciabatta. This is rising before heading into the oven. Not as good as it normally is, maybe because the yeast was expired in 2009!!! But I did test it first and it frothed etc as it should. So being a bit disappointed I then heading for a no fail recipe.  
I followed the recipe to the letter and made gorgeous Chelsea Buns. The filling looked fabulous and this was the look prior to rising.
Oh my goodness what a success!! Tasty tasty, with soft bread and a delicious mixed spice and fruit filling. The glaze was meant to be made with orange water but as I did not have any I substituted rose water and it worked really well.


1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you would be kind enough to share the recipe for the buns ? They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....