Saturday, September 19, 2015

Back into sewing

It has taken a long time for me to feel like sewing again. But lots of things are sorted so now I feel I am on a roll. Signed a new contract at work, sorted my sewing room and read a really inspiring article about just making changes by 1%. So am attempting to sew just for half an hour a day.
I finished these two blocks last night and quilted them. They will be a zip pouch for a lovely young lady who is going to Medical School next year. We will miss her. sigh. Anyway, am feeling more inspired with the little bit of sewing and a bit more exercise in my day.
patchwork zip pouch

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great how a nice scrap surface turns into fabulous with a little bit of quilting?! I can't wait to see the finished pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I totally understand what you mean about the half an hour a day of sewing - as working mothers we are so busy meeting the needs of other people all day that it is important we take some time each day to do what feeds our own souls! Enjoy your sewing moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! I totally understand what you mean about the half an hour a day of sewing - as working mothers we are so busy meeting the needs of other people all day that it is important we take some time each day to do what feeds our own souls! Enjoy your sewing moments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....