Sunday, August 16, 2015

Fresh turmeric and some venison

It was teachers only day on Friday so we took the boys out for a Food and Fun day Friday.  First stop was Ohoka Farmers Market. Amongst other things we bought fresh turmeric. I had never even seen it before. If you eat any at all your teeth turn yellow.

Then we headed up to Hanmer Springs and walked, played mini golf and swam. Great day out.


Today I made a stir fry for dinner using the turmeric. I was told to use it like fresh ginger so I julienned it and fried it off with the onions. Gave a nice golden glow and a warmth to the dish. Added lovely thin strips of venison. MMMMmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....