Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Minky dressing gown for my son

Recently Eli and I had a mum and son day. When we were in one of the shops we spied the most amazing soft cuddly minky fabric. Eli had been wanting a soft dressing gown so we bought it home and whipped it up. It was really quick to make as I used satin bias binding that was premade to finish the edges and I did not line the collar area.
dressing gown


One of the many poses




















I had an adult dressing gown pattern but it was far to large, so I used the general gist of the pattern and drafted my own. All things considering I am quite happy with it. The photos are not the best as Eli insisted on giving me all his modelling poses!!!

I link to these places
The satin bias used for edging.

4 comments:

  1. He looks very happy with it! always a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli looks very happy with his new dressing gown, Karen. Well done on modifying the adult pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Is minky difficult to work with?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....